Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Assignment # 3

        Peer Editing is giving feedback to someone your age on their writing. When peer editing you will make suggestions, corrections, and even give compliments. Although, peer editing may seem simple it does have rules. When editing your peer's paper you should always remain positive. I would take offense if someone was mean to me while editing my paper. In the video "Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes" it showed students who where conducting peer reviews , but they were going about it the wrong way. For example, one student was to harsh when giving feedback and another student did not give specific details about the mistakes that needed to be corrected. When peer editing you should always give compliments on the writing then you should make suggestions in a kind way. The importance of peer editing is to make a student feel confident about their writing and to give them positive feedback so that they know what mistakes not to make next time.

       When I peer edit my classmates blog post in EDM 310 I will be sure to be kind and give specific details on what needs to be corrected. In the video "What is Peer Editing" it gave specific steps to follow when peer editing. I will use the steps as a guide to help me. The first step was to compliment your peer's writing. So, when complimenting my classmates writing I will use kind words such as "I like how you wrote" or "your paper was very interesting". Then, I will make suggestions on word choice, organization, and topic sentences. Last, I would make corrections on punctuation, grammar, and spelling.

All eyes are on student who's paper needs to be peer edited

2 comments:

  1. Alexis I like what you had to say about how you will take, but also give peer editing and used the kids from the video. The way you write is really good, but I would just pay more attention to grammar such as comma placement. Other than that your post is well written with a lot of sentence variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Don't forget to include links in every blog post to your resources.

    ReplyDelete